December 13, 2009

and the Galapagos adventure begins....

I left early this morning for Quito – where I met up with EE, an Animal Balance veterinarian, and his family in north Quito. I got to Quito early, and spent a few hours wandering around the nearby Mall de Condado – which is still one of the most unreal experiences of Ecuador. The malls in Ecuador are nicer than any other mall I’ve been to (I’m not a huge mall person, but nothing I’ve seen in the States comes close to the Ecuadorian shopping experience) – the parking lots have attendants to guide you to an open space, everything is clean, the stores are great (for those of you in the tri-state area, think Westchester mall stores meet the Palisades layout) and you can find just about anything there. I’ve spent the last 40 minutes at a coffee bar where internet is $0.50/hour (really cheap for Quito) trying to figure out these keyboards en espanol.

Deseo que tu estuvieras aquí......

No comments:

Post a Comment